Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Philip Rivers is awful

OK, so a lot of people that read this are going to think this is biased because I am a Colts fan and while much of my hatred for Philip Rivers may have stemmed from Saturday night's loss in Overtime, I can assure you I have hated Philip Rivers from day one. The man is supposed to be the leader of his team but he composes himself in an awful way. First, he started by stirring up a childish feud with fellow quarterback Jay Cutler. The main aggressor in the feud was Rivers and Cutler said he did not really care about it. Constantly, you can see Rivers jawing at opposing offenses from the sideline with his helmet off. He has no authority to do that. Hey Phil, you have two career tackles so don't forget YOU ARE AN OFFENSIVE PLAYER. Keep your mouth shut because it makes you look like an idiot to the entire United States. Have some freakin' respect.

And let's look at the Colts-Chargers game from Saturday. Rivers was 20 of 36 with one interception and no touchdowns. If not for Darren Sproles, the Chargers would have failed miserably. Of Rivers 20 completions, 13 of them went to either Antonio Gates or Darren Sproles. Peyton Manning's 25 completions were pretty evenly distributed to Dallas Clark (7), Anthony Gonzalez (6) and Reggie Wayne/Joseph Addai (4). Plus, my biggest pet peeve, If Gates or whoever Rivers' primary receiver was not open he would throw it at the feet of Darren Sproles in the flat. He gave no chance to his team's success and was pretty much just an anchor holding them down until Darren Sproles broke free and to the end zone. And I will be the first to tell you, Sproles had an amazing game. He could barely be stopped with a nearly 5 yard per carry average and two touchdowns including the game winner in overtime.

So while I am upset that the Chargers beat my Colts in poor fashion, I just want it to be known that Philip Rivers is a bad quarterback no matter what happened this weekend. It's just that this weekend his performance was on the national stage and further proved why it was a great call that he did not go to the Pro Bowl. Colt McCoy put on a better performance last night than Rivers has all season. I hate you Philip Rivers.


As for this week in football, Giants-Eagles? That should be one fun game to watch. I wish I did not have work so I could watch it. And I really hope the Steelers defense can put Rivers on his back all afternoon. Let's go Steelers. Best AFC match up this week is the Ravens-Titans however, especially after the defensive performance by the Ravens. Two more interceptions by Ed Reed, one resulting in a touchdown, makes him seem like more of an offensive threat. The man just can not be denied. Plus Ray Lewis is a scary man. Oh and the Cardinals are playing the Panthers...in case anyone cared. I'm guessing AFC Championship is going to be Ravens-Steelers and NFC Championship is going to be Eagles-Panthers, but don't hold me to that seeing as my Saturday picks were both completely wrong. Who do you think is going to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment